November 12, 2014

KL Fashion Weekend


I was lucky to be invited to a KL Fashion Weekend AW14/15 presentation by Fashion Valet today! I went with a good friend of mine, Hazar (@hazardalbani, check her out on insta for style inspiration!) So from college at 3pm went straight to The National Visual Arts Gallery and let me tell you, putting on make up in the car with sucky lighting sucks. You should have seen the amount of powder i had on. Thanks to spotlights, it was less obvious. Heres another party pooper: No photos from the runway. I had an obstructed view! Sorry.

The featured brands were aere + dUck, Mimpikita, Alia B, Alia Bastamam x Syaiful Baharim, and Haflins.



Aere presentation was flawless and was really delivering the message of practicality while still, being gracious. Loved the White Sequin ensemble! I asked Rnadia herself to restock the top. Shee iss sooo preety, masyaAllah. Her upcoming collection is a MUST check-out guys!



 And how the dUck scarves were used, such an impressive presentation. It was turned into headbands, scarves, and i think it may have been transformed into a necklace. This right here is fan-girl moment, Pretty sure she didnt understand a thing i said because i was mumbling in awe and jitterish. I couldnt stop shaking.

Mimpikita was eye drooling and the fact that the Mimpi Sisters were right infront of me made me appreciate it even more. They. Are. So. Poised. K.

Alia Bastamam x Syaiful Baharim and Alia B hit all factors. First comes out these luminous, luscious and wanderlust fabric then the Alia B collection comes out and it went from sleeping beauty's lalaalaaaaa voice to Beyonce's BAM! WORK IT! BAM BAM! powerful voice. Alia B was more dramatic and contemporary.



Haflins was my favourite. I enjoyed every look. She even squeezed a Hijab look! I was contemplating for awhile to purchase pieces from Haflins, but now that ive seen it with my bare eyes,  I want it all please and thank you. Material and design-wise, her collection is something you should really add to your cart next time. Id like to particularly talk about her Long Flare Skirts. The material looks luxurious and thick enough that it doesn't flare out all over the place. I praised this to her myself, and she totally agreed. She also, courteously said that she wanted her pieces to suit woman wearing the hijab. Please show Haflins some looooove! Extremely happy i got to rub shoulders with her.

Also met my friend Intan!


All the pieces are or will be available at Fashion Valet. Hope ill be given the opportunity to go for more shows!


SHARE:

1 comment